Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Random Musings on Prayer

I had a few friends who went through some stuff these days, who definitely needed people to pray for them. I was praying really hard for some of them, and realized that my prayers started turning into "Lord, give me strength to pray enough for them." I didn't think I had enough "prayer power". I was tellign myself "I Can't do this on my own." Then I thought...

"D'Uh. I don't have to. So I jumped online and found some of my believer friends and asked them to pray for these friends of mine." It was great... everyone involved seemed so blessed by the experience. It was awesome. Even though the girl we originally prayed for her situation got better, she told me that she didn't like people praying for her because she feels like other people need prayer more than her, and she's being selfish.

Then, the next day, one of the people that prayed for/with me, her grandmother died. So, I went to the girl we originally prayed for and said "Well, now is your chance to return the favour." So now she is praying for the girl who originally prayed for her. Kind of supporting each other through Prayer. Two people, who have never ever met, or even live in the same country.

But they both gained so much from it...

So, why don't we pray for strangers? Churches have prayer groups, prayer porgrams, where they pray for community members... But what if there was just website, where you post something you need someone to keep mindful in prayer, and someone who reads it dedicates themselves to praying 10 or 15 minutes for that person. Regardless of if they know them, or not...

imagine if the entire Body of Christ prayed for one stranger a week! Think of how the world would shift, how things would change. Kinda mind blowing.

I would love to take on organizing this website, but I don't have the technical ability to do it. I have the vision... maybe someone can hear a call and rise up...

We'll see. Just random thoughts. Totally unedited (as you can probably tell)

1 comment:

  1. Maija here:
    You have been blogging up a storm eh? I admit I will probably not check out your sens blog. But It's fun to read what's on your mind. My blog involves much less writing (but yes...I have one too).

    Ps. Mind sending some prayers my way? I had my blood test today, and am worried about the results.

    ReplyDelete