Sunday, July 19, 2009

Not everything is a piece!

We young left leaning folk love to find fault in so much in this world. Africa is starving, wall street fatcats, Climate Change, Religious Extremism, Socks that go missing in the dryer. There are just so many things in life that get is worked up. And I do it... SO MUCH. I check the news abotu 50 times a day (Al-Jazeera - my network of choice.) And all I do is get angry at the state of the world. and how nothing is REALLY being done to make it better. But then, the odd thing happens that makes me realize that not everything is A Piece of worke.

A good example 0f that? Love!!! Shawna and I just got engaged, and really... nothing in the world could bring me down off the high I feel right now! I'm so excited, she's so excited. We are so excited about the prospect of our future! It's really an exciting time.

Life is stupid. Meaningless. A spiral of chemical reactions that seem completely without purpose. Yes, ever the pessimist, I feel like that a lot of the time! But then God shows his face through something as purely beautiful as this, and I think YES. (OR as the song goes... Yes Lord, Yes Lord, YES YES LORD!) I just wanted to post about how excited I am. Life is moving forward. We are moving forward. Life is good.

I wish you all the happiness I feel right now.
I truly do
LOVE TO YOU ALLLLLL!

D

p.s. I realzie how pointless a post this was... but this is how I feel dang it!

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until you actually GET married--you'll be changing your tune...

    JUST KIDDING! I LOVE being married and I wish you guys all the happiness that me and Mrs. B have had since we got married all those years ago...and by all those years ago I mean 3 years ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete